One Step Locksmith Ottawa (613) 319-0953 offers some helpful and expert tips on how to improve the security of your home and business.
Feel Free to Read Though Our Security Tips
General Locksmith Tips
- Don’t talk about your schedule to anyone.
- Always leave some lights on in your house at night.
- Keep the lawn mowed and the landscaping in good appearance.
- When on a long tour, ask a neighbor to park his or her car in your driveway.
• Locks should be re-keyed immediately if keys are lost or are stolen.
• While at home, deadlocks should not be key-locked from inside, in case of an emergency you can’t make a quick exit.
• Quality window and door locks, safe and home alarm systems all work to better safeguard your home.
• Lock all windows, doors & other access areas every time you leave, even for a little while. Also, keep your premises secured while at home.
• Ensure that your house alarm installation is done by a qualified, professional locksmith, and is regularly tested.
- Security gates, windows & doors, as well as safes & alarms work together to best protect your business.
- Locks should be re-keyed immediately if keys go missing or are stolen.
- Install a restricted master key system.
- Authorized signatories of restricted keys should be kept to a minimum.
- Retrieve restricted keys kept by the staff leaving your workplace.
Tips for Your Vehicle
- Replace worn out keys, otherwise they may cease to work, damage the lock or crack in the lock.
- Lost car keys? Record the ‘key code’, which should be in register books, if not, one of our locksmiths can read it from your key. Keep the ‘key code’ in a safe place, but not in your car. This code number will be helpful in cutting keys.
- Always have a spare key. Although keys for modern cars are expensive as it involves key cutting and programming immobilizer technology, it is much cheaper than having to re-program your car onto a new key, which can cost more if you lose your car keys.
One Step Locksmith can dramatically help in improving the safety and security of your home and office. With the threat of crime on the rise, the prevention of unauthorized access into your home or office is a necessity. Home security cameras and burglar alarms are in huge demand these days. Ottawa Locksmith offers a complete line of security products and services. It is our commitment to provide you with the most suitable residential and commercial security solution tailored to meet your needs. Feel free to contact us 24 hours a day.
Keep our number nearby (613) 319-0953 for the next time you make need our services.